- What does a CSS Preprocessor do?
A css Preprocessor is a program that lets you generate CSS form the Preprocessor's own syntax. It enables us to use logic in our CSS code.
- What are the advantages of using a CSS Preprocessor?
A Preprocessor allows additional leverage over CSS by providing additional syntax that delivers several advantages such as variables, nesting , inheritance , mixins, functions, and mathematical operations.
- What are the disadvantages or issues you need to consider when using a CSS Preprocessor?
There are a few disadvantages of using preprocessors that needs to be considered.
List at least FIVE CSS Preprocessors currently available
- Debugging is harder
- Compilation slows down development
- They can produce very large CSS files
- Maintainence and overengineering
- Tooling and developer convenience
- Saving generatied files.
- Capability and understanding.
Research Web Development jobs and see how many of them list a CSS Preprocessor as one of their desired skills.
- Healthcare Ressearch LLC requires SASS and LESS.
- SymSoft solutions requires SASS and LESS.
- Software Technology Inc requires SASS and LESS.
- CGI requires SASS and LESS.